(Friday, May 4, 2018) – Provided by DuTrac Community Credit Union.
Seven 2018 graduates of Dubuque and Quad City area high schools were awarded scholarships through DuTrac Community Credit Union’s 2018-2019 Academic Scholarship Program.
Additional recipients of DuTrac’s $1000 scholarships were:
- Rileigh Lambert, daughter of Cheyanna and Todd Lambert, is a graduate of Monticello (Iowa) High School. Lambert plans to attend St. Ambrose University of Iowa to pursue a double major in special education and elementary education and a master’s in speech pathology.
- Brianna Fry, a graduate of Hempstead High School in Dubuque, will pursue a degree in nursing at Luther College. She is the daughter Kristie and Dennis Fry.
- Kathryn Doyle, daughter of Jill and Paul Doyle, is a graduate of Western Dubuque High School in Epworth. She plans to attend Wartburg College to major in music therapy.
Recipients of DuTrac’s $500 scholarships were:
- Delaney Kilburg, graduate of North Scott High School, is the daughter of Kristine and Charlie Kilburg. Kilburg plans to major in nursing at the University of Iowa.
- Ryan O’Hern, son of Elizabeth and Jeffery O’Hern, graduated from Alleman Catholic High School in Rock Island, Illinois and plans to attend the University of Florida to pursue a degree in pre-health.
- Kyle Sperfslage, a graduate of Monticello (Iowa) High School, is the son of Lisa and Dale Sperfslage. Sperfslage plans to major in finance and accounting at the University of Northern Iowa.
- Alison Schneider, the daughter of Deb Schneider, plans to attend Luther College to major in psychology. Schneider graduated from Wahlert High School.
DuTrac member awarded Iowa Credit Union Foundations Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship:
DuTrac Community Credit Union is happy to share that out of nearly 300 applications one of DuTrac’s members, Maria Bascom, daughter of Monte Bascom …… was selected as one of two post-secondary scholarship winners for the Iowa Credit Union Foundations Warren A Morrow Memorial Scholarship. Additionally, thanks to the generous contributions and increased donor support from the credit union community during 2017, all awarded scholarships have been doubled for this year! Maria will receive a $2,000 scholarship.
Maria is attending the University of Iowa and is pursuing a Russian Language and Culture major. Bascom will graduate with the class of 2019.
DuTrac’s scholarships for 2020 will be announced this fall. Interested parties should reference local media sources or guidance counselors for application guidelines.