Seven 2019 graduates of Dubuque and Quad City area high schools were awarded scholarships by DuTrac Community Credit Union’s 2020 Academic Scholarship Program.
Recipients of the $1,000 scholarships were:
- Mandy Alstead, daughter of David Alstead, is a graduate of Fulton High School (Fulton, Illinois). Alstead plans to attend University of Illinois at Chicago, to pursue a double major in dietetics and nutrition.
- Chelsea Koopmann, daughter of Craig and Kara Koopman, is a graduate of Beckman High School (Dyersville, IA). Koopmann plans to attend University of Iowa to pursue a major in Radiation Sciences.
- Aspen Gillmore, daughter of Kurt and Tammy Gillmore, is a graduate of Monticello High School (Monticello, IA). Gillmore plans to attend Kirkwood Community College and pursue a degree in Liberal Arts before attending the University of Iowa to attain her Doctorate of Dental Surgery.
Recipients of the $500 scholarships were:
- Brianna Kennedy, daughter of Brian and Laura Kennedy, is a graduate of Beckman High School (Dyersville, IA). Kennedy plans to attend Iowa State University to pursue a major in Speech Communication.
- Hannah Lorenzen, daughter of John and Kelsey Lorenzen, is a graduate of Assumption High School (Davenport, IA). Lorenzen plans to attend Marquette University to pursue a major in Biomedical Engineering.
- Kassidy Putchio, daughter of Pat and Lisa McDonnell, is a graduate of Hempstead High School (Dubuque, IA). Putchio plans to attend University of Northern Iowa to pursue a major in Elementary Education.
- William Zogg, son of Bradley and Brenda Zogg, is a graduate of Davenport West High School (Davenport, IA). Zogg plans to attend Iowa State University to pursue a major in Computer and Electrical Engineering.
“Education has long been a tenet of credit unions. The purpose of these scholarships was to recognize members of DuTrac Community Credit Union who have demonstrated scholastic excellence and who are interested in advancing their education at an accredited community college, trade school, technical college or university,” states Jason Norton, senior vice president of marketing and business development.
DuTrac’s scholarships for 2021 will be announced this fall. Interested parties should reference local media sources or guidance counselors for application guidelines.