DuTrac Announces 2021 Scholarship Winners
DUBUQUE, IOWA – DuTrac announced the names of eleven area spring graduating high school students to receive post-secondary tuition scholarships totaling $7,500 from its 2021 Academic Scholarship Program.
Recipients of $1,000 scholarships:
- Bree Buxton, daughter of Tricia Buxton, is a graduate of Wahlert Catholic High School (Dubuque, IA). Buxton plans to attend University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, to pursue studies in communication sciences and disorders.
- Cayle Hermsen, son of Mickey & Heather Hermsen, is a graduate of Western Dubuque High School (Epworth, IA). Hermsen plans to attend University of Northern Iowa to pursue studies in management information systems.
- Connor Becker, son of Khristian & Kristi Gimmel-Becker, is a graduate of Maquoketa High School (Maquoketa, IA). Becker plans to attend Iowa State University and pursue studies in animal Science/pre-vet.
Recipients of $750 scholarships:
- Emily Frye, daughter of Jeremy & Estrella Frye, is a graduate of Clinton High School (Clinton, IA). Frye plans to attend Iowa State University to study biology.
- Kailey Koopmann, daughter of Craig & Kara Koopmann, is a graduate of Beckman Catholic High School (Dyersville, IA). Koopmann plans to attend University of Northern Iowa to study accounting.
Recipients of $500 scholarships:
- Isaac Hays, son of Michael & Ruth Hays, is a graduate of Highpoint Academy (Eldridge, IA). Hays plans to attend University of Dubuque to pursue studies in criminal justice.
- Emily Richter, daughter of Duane & Kristy Richter, is a graduate of Hempstead High School (Dubuque, IA). Richter plans to attend Wartburg College to study exercise science.
- Bailey Wuestenberg, daughter of Wendell & Nicole Wuestenberg, is a graduate of North Scott High School (Eldridge, IA). Wuestenberg plans to attend Iowa State University to study accounting.
- Anna Kritz, daughter of Kyle & Lisa Kritz, is a graduate of Hempstead High School (Hempstead, IA). Kritz plans to attend University of Iowa to pursue studies in business/journalism.
- Anna McDermott, daughter of Jason & Deanne McDermott, is a graduate of Cascade High School (Cascade, IA). McDermott plans to attend Iowa State University.
- Rebecca Schmerbach, daughter of Tom & Karla Schmerbach, is a graduate of Wahlert Catholic High School (Dubuque, IA). Schmerbach plans to attend University of Iowa to pursue the study of human physiology.
In addition, two DuTrac members received Iowa Credit Union Foundation Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship from amongst 390 candidates.
Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarships recipients:
- Brian Grimes, son of Angie Grimes and Matt Peterson, currently attending The University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) studying biomedical engineering, was awarded one of four post-high school scholarships of $2,000.
- Adeline Bowman, daughter of Kristine & Scott Supple, will be attending Cornell College (Mt. Vernon, IA), pursuing studies in art design, was awarded one of eight $1000 high school scholarships.
“To learn, to advance one’s education, is a cornerstone tenet of the credit union industry. DuTrac’s scholarships were created to recognize members who demonstrated scholastic, curricular and extra-curricular activities achievement, were actively involved in their communities and demonstrated a sincere interest in advancing their education at a community college, trade school, technical college or university,” states Jason Norton, senior vice president of marketing and business development. “On behalf of DuTrac’s Board of Directors, management, staff and over 49,000 members, we extend our best wishes and congratulations.”
DuTrac’s scholarships for 2022 will be announced this fall. Interested parties should reference local media sources or school guidance counselors for application guidelines.