A romance scam is when a new love interest says they love you, but they love your money–and may not be who they say they are.
- Be on the lookout for these warning signs of a romance scam:
- A new love who lives far away asks you to wire them money or share your credit card number with them–even if they say they’ll pay you back.
- Your new romantic interest asks you to sign a document that would give them control of your finances or your house.
- Your new sweetheart asks you to open a new joint account or co-sign a loan with them.
- Your new darling asks for access to your bank or credit card accounts.
Please email email@example.com to learn more.
We’re here to help.
Report Scams to the FTC
Report in-person romance scams to local law enforcement.
Report online romance scams to FTC.gov/complaint.